--- Ingredients ---
- 2 cups (220 grams) Japanese pumpkin, cut in small pieces
- ⅛ teaspoon (0,3 grams) cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon (0,3 grams) sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons (42grams) tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) warm water
- ½ teaspoon (1,2 grams) cumin
- ½ teaspoon (1,2 grams) sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon (3 grams) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (0,6 gram) pepper to taste
- Roasted pumpkin
- 20 toasted macadamia nuts
- 4 tablespoons (32 grams) roasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 cups (160 grams) baby arugula leaves
- Tahini dressing
- Poppy seeds to garnish
--- Instructions ---
Step 1 - Roasted pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 250°C/482° F degrees.
- Line one baking tray with baking paper.
- Place pumpkin in a single layer.
- Toss with oil, season with salt & spices and turn to coat both sides.
- Roast pumpkin, turning once until golden and tender ( needs about 20min).
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Step 2 - Tahini dressing
- Blend all the ingredients except water together until smooth.
- Whisk in water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the desirable consistency is reached.
Step 3 - Toast nuts and seeds
- Heat a small, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add nuts and seeds.
- Cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. The macadamia nuts will need a longer time to toast than the seeds.
Step 4 - Salad
- Mix together the greens and roasted pumpkin, and top with nuts.
- Add tahini dressing and toss.
High in Vitamin A, K, C, Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Copper, Thiamin.
[The recipes are property of the Digestive Nutrition Clinic and have been overseen by our Registered Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist and FODMAP expert. ]