--- Ingredients ---
- 1 cup (100g) quinoa flakes
- ½ cup (60g) walnuts
- ½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (40g) unsweetened coconut shavings
- ¼ cup (25g) crushed golden flaxseed
- ¼ cup (35g) macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup (60g) maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons (40g) virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon (4g) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
--- Instructions ---
- Preheat oven to 180oC (350oF).
- Toss quinoa flakes, walnuts, sunflower seeds, coconut, flaxseed and macadamia nuts on a rimmed baking tray.
- Toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice until the coconut is golden brown.
- Decrease oven temperature to 150oC (300oF).
- Place the quinoa flakes mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a separate bowl and then pour over the quinoa mixture until it is uniformly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a rimmed baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
The granola can keep in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
[The recipes are property of the Digestive Nutrition Clinic and have been overseen by our Registered Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist and FODMAP expert.]