--- Ingredients ---
• 1 cup (95g) shredded, unpeeled zucchini after squeezing out the excess moisture
• 7 tablespoons (40g) almond flour (made from ground up almonds)
• ½ cup (45g) shredded coconut ground into flour
• 1 ⅓ medium banana (150g), mashed
• 4 eggs
• ⅓ cup (95g) pure maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons (28g) extra virgin olive oil
• ½ teaspoon (2.5g) white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon (4g) baking soda
• ½ teaspoon (3g) salt
• ⅓ cup (60g) dark chocolate
• 2 tablespoons (15g) raw cacao
--- Instructions ---
1. Preheat oven to 180oC/ 350oF.
2. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
3. Squeeze shredded zucchini of excess moisture with a paper towel.
4. Combine coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Beat the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and oil until well combined in a food processor.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and pulse to combine.
7. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes until the coconut flour absorbs the liquids.
8. Add zucchini, banana, vinegar and the melted chocolate and pulse to combine.
9. Mix until smooth and well combined.
10. Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
11. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops of the muffins are just slightly golden brown.