--- Ingredients ---
- 2 cups (500ml) low fodmap vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup (180g) whole-grain buckwheat groats
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) olive oil
Classic French vinaigrette
- ½ cup (120ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5g) Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 4 tomatoes (500 grams) finely cut
- ½ cup (75g) reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup (25g) fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup (59g) roasted chopped walnuts
--- Instructions ---
Step 1 - Buckwheat
- Place the groats in a dry pan over medium heat and stir for five minutes, until browned.
- Add the stock and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Add the oil, cover pan and reduce heat to low, allowing to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave the pan covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Season with salt to taste and allow to cool.
Step 2 - Dressing
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth, or whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
Step 3 - Salad
- Toss salad with enough dressing to coat the ingredients.
- Divide the salad among four plates and top with feta cheese.
High in Vitamins A, C, K, E, B6, Niacin, Phosphorous, Magnesium, Copper, Riboflavin.
[The recipes are property of the Digestive Nutrition Clinic and have been overseen by our Registered Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist and FODMAP expert. ]