17 (40g, 1.4 oz)
--- Ingredients ---
- 1 cup (110g) sliced almonds
- 1 cup (140g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (50g) crashed golden flaxseed
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup (50g) buckwheat flakes
- 2 tablespoons (21g) chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons (30g) dried cranberries, chopped
- ½ cup (161g) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (32g) peanut butter
--- Instructions ---
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F.
- Toss buckwheat flakes, walnuts, sunflower seeds and almonds on a rimmed baking tray.
- Toast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Place the buckwheat mixture into a large mixing bowl and add chia seeds, flax seeds and cranberries.
- Mix the maple syrup and peanut butter in a small pan, and heat it, stirring until peanut butter is melted.
- Pour the maple syrup and peanut butter over the buckwheat mixture and toss until it is uniformly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking tray and press firmly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and cut to desired-size pieces.
- The bars can keep in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
High in Manganese
[The recipes are property of the Digestive Nutrition Clinic and have been overseen by our Registered Clinical Dietitian Nutritionist and FODMAP expert. ]